Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oh what a night...

My little man kept me up a good bit of the night. He was just regular 5 week old baby fussy but I am worn out. His eating habits just don't make any sense. He will take one ounce at one feeding and go 5 hours and at another time he will want 6 ounces and I just know he will probably spit that up. I tried to sleep through my 2am pumping. I just don't think I can do it. I need to set my alarm for 2am. At 4am I was so uncomfortable I had to get up and pump and by then it really wasn't worth it to go back to sleep before getting up for work. (I did go back to sleep and yes I was 5 minutes late to work.)I'll give the 2am pumping session a few more weeks before I try again to end it. I did try to put Ben to the breast in the middle of the night. That was a mistake at that time. I did not have the patience to work with him and he was actually pretty hungry so he just got mad at me. We'll try again when we have some quiet time and we are both stress free. Hopefully he'll have a good day with Dad today. Since I did not pump a full 6 to 8 ounces at 4am (I only got 3 ounces)Dad will probably have to use some frozen milk for the first time today. I don't know how I feel about that. I am happy it is there but sad that we have to use our stash so early.

No comments:

Post a Comment